Today is Thanksgiving. For the domestic type (like me) it’s a busy day… cooking and cleaning and eating and being miserable afterward… yeah, it’s a good day. My family will be over for dinner at 4:00 because I’m the one cooking. The turkey is in the oven and the cornbread is almost ready. We’re having macaroni and cheese and lots of veggies and I’m even making a pumpkin cheesecake.
Today seems like a good day to talk about being thankful. And I truly am. The last several months have really put things into perspective, so rather than dwell on the negative, today is all about the positive.
Why I am Thankful
1. I have a wonderful, loving family who supports me in everything I do.
2. My daughters are healthy and happy.
3. My husband of five years thinks I’m nuts, but he loves me anyway.
4. My friends are amazingly supportive.
5. I have a job and my house payment is up to date.
6. My husband and I are able to provide an extravagant meal for our family.
7. I might not be making money from it, but I’ve followed my dream of being a writer. I’m published, and that’s good enough for me.
8. My husband and I are healthy, and we’re happy.
It has taken me a long time to get back to this point, but I truly am happy. This year hasn’t been easy, so the most wonderful thing I could ask for today is to be content with what I have.
And yes, I am.