Y’know, Johnny Mercer was really onto something when he and Harold Arlen wrote that song. The positive is something I’ve kind of let slip over the last two months. It’s time to let go of the negative and move on now.
Friday will be one month. Yes, I still cry every day. Yes, I still have moments where I’m completely inconsolable because I miss my father so much it hurts. But he wouldn’t want me to be this way. If I were to get everything else in my life wrong, I know that all he ever wanted was for me to be happy. So for him, I will be.
So on this new trek toward happiness, I feel the need to share my news:
1. Saturday evening, I was offered a new book contract. Devil’s Daughter is scheduled to hit the e-shelves in September 2012.
2. My little girl is four months old now. She’s healthy and happy and I couldn’t ask for a better baby.
3. I have wonderful friends who have kept me going through all of this. I couldn’t do any of it without them.
4. I have a wonderful, loving husband who puts up with me. He’ll never know how much I love him.
5. I’m healthy. My mother is healthy and doing better. We’re going to make it through.
6. Two conventions in the next month. ConCarolinas next weekend and Fandom Fest at the end of June. Things to look forward to!
There’s a long road ahead of us, but we’ll get there. We just have to keep moving forward.